Textron Tier III Instructor Operator Pilot I/II - Gray Eagle in El Mirage, California
Tier III Instructor Operator Pilot I/II - Gray Eagle
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
About Textron Systems
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems’ businesses consist of Advanced Information Solutions, Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, Unmanned Systems, Weapon & Sensor Systems and TRU Simulation Training.
This position will serve as Instructor Operator (IO) in direct support of soldier training. Duties will include providing instruction in classroom, simulator, and flight conditions in accordance with established TRADOC policies and appropriate US Army regulations. Additional duties will include emplacement, displacement and inspection of associated equipment as well as proper notation of logbooks and flight records.
Must possess or be able to acquire a secret security clearance.
- Develop lesson plans in accordance with applicable regulations
- Provide instruction in classroom, simulator, and flight environments
- Conduct evaluations in accordance with applicable regulations
- Direct interface with customer
- Work in groups or independently with minimal or no supervision
- Will be required to work odd shifts and/or weekends
- Responsible for data management and generation
- Troubleshoots technical problems/issues and determines technical solutions
- Using ISO 9001 practices and principles, the candidate will enter a training program in order to complete all contract and regulatory qualifications and training requirements to attain the role of Instructor Pilot the Gray Eagle Program. Serving as an instructor pilot on the Gray Eagle program, the candidate will be responsible for executing the following:
- Possess Army Instructor Operator/Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge of all applicable regulations related to Army Unmanned System operations
- Support annual minimum requirement of 25-75% OCONUS operations
- Embed with fielded Army Units CONUS and OCONUS operations
- Instruct Army Pilots in combat qualifications (Readiness Level Progression) training
- Instruct Army Pilots on the tactical employment of live munitions
- Instruct Army Pilots on Doctrine, Tactics and Training (DTT) and Collective Training (CT)
- Instruct Delta training to Army Pilots
- Instruct company pilots for initial qualification in classroom, simulation and flight training environments
- Graduate of Department Army UAS Instructor Course or Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES) Equivalency
- 500 hours of prior Tier II/III/IV UAS experience while acting as the Pilot in Command
- Must possess and be able to maintain a Secret Level Clearance
- Maintain FAA Class II Flight Physical
- Maintain contractually mandated physical health standards required for OCONUS Operations
- Prior to interview, candidates will be asked to provide flight records
- Prior Gray Eagle Qualification
- Gray Eagle experience on software version 4.3.3 revision A (UGCS) or later.
- Experience being deployed in support of military UAS operations
- FAA Private Pilot or Commercial Certificate with Instrument Rating
- 100 hours of Pilot in Command experience in manned aircraft
- Bachelors Degree in UAS or 5 years of Military/Industry Experience
Candidate must be able to safely and effectively perform the duties of an Instructor Operator without supervision, including flight and ground equipment setup as well as logs and records. Manage classroom instruction as well as one-on-one instruction. Communicate directly with the customer to provide effective feedback on student progress. Ability to coordinate flight schedules, airspace, resources, frequency management, and other aspects of flight operations. Basic computer skills are required, computer networking experience is desired. Must communicate effectively with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing, and possess strong leadership skills.Position may be staffed at a higher level depending on candidate qualifications and experience.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. This position is subject to noise. Employees may be required to participate in the Hearing Conservation Program, which will require regular testing and wearing of hearing protection equipment where necessary. This position is subject to a variety of physical and atmospheric conditions. This position will require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This position is subject to oils. This position is subject to working conditions peculiar to the particular assignment. (e.g., required to perform work-related travel worldwide and may include accompanying DOD forces into hardship and combat areas with little notice for extended periods of time.) This position may involve exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly. Visual requirement is the minimum standard for those whose work deals largely with visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and computer terminals; extensive reading and research; and using measuring devices.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Flight Operations
Primary Location US-California-El Mirage
Recruiting Company Textron Systems: Support Solutions
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 265879