Textron Sr Systems Safety Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Sr Systems Safety Engineer
We are pioneers.We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility.At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell is seeking self-motivated engineers with innovative spirits to reinvent the way the world flies. We are looking for a System Safety Engineer to support the rapid development of new and novel products and the continued advancement of vertical flight.
The System Safety Engineer is responsible for planning, defining and verifying System Safety requirements and Safety Analysis artifacts to ensure design integrity and safety for certification. The selected individual will work as a member of the safety integrated engineering team to:
- Ensure effective Systems Safety Engineering efforts are conducted through identification and analysis of potential hazards from concept definition through development, production and product fielding.
- Develop Fault management techniques to be employed by the system hardware/software
- Perform Safety Analysis, develop analysis reports, and perform validation/verification of safety requirements using Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) 4761 and 4754A for 14 CFR 29.1309 compliance.
- Provide guidance and interface with project teams on safety related issues.
- Bachelor of Science in applicable Engineering Discipline (EE, AE or ME desired)
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in the Aerospace industry (At least 8 preferred).
- Commercial Rotor wing experience highly preferred
- Requires experience with key artifact development using ARP4761, including the following: PSSA, SSA, CCA (CMA, PRA, ZSA), CMA, FHA, or FMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct the following:
Quantitative reliability and maintainability analysis
Review of supplier supplied Safety Assessment Reports
Conduct tests, develop plans, and prepare reports in accordance with best practice, certification standards and other references
- Desired experience with aircraft systems – Electrical, Avionics Systems and/or Flight Controls
- Desired knowledge of ARP4754A
- Desired knowledge of MIL STD 882
- Must have strong computer skills using Microsoft office
- Must possess a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Good time management skills are required
- Must be able to set priorities and evaluate financial impact
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 266447