Textron Manufacturing Engineer - Arctic Cat - St. Cloud, MN in St. Cloud, Minnesota
Manufacturing Engineer - Arctic Cat - St. Cloud, MN
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Job Summary: Individual will be assigned Manufacturing Engineering responsibility for Assembly area. Engineer to actively support manufacturing operations, new product platforms and capital expansion projects. Support to include: Cost Reductions, Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), Productivity and Quality Goals, Re-Designs, Assembly Line and Work Station Balance, Safety and Ergonomic issues, Capital Projects as well as other assignments.
1. Responsible for implementation of ECN’s into the production system. Reviews ECN’s prior to their release to ensure that the design is producible as drawn, that methods are defined via routing, time standards, process plans, detailed work plans and tool orders are defined to permit production in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality standards.
2. Work with Operations and Quality team to develop and implement efficient and safe work methods, Lean material process flows, proper time standards, and acquisition of equipment and tooling for maximum efficiency.
3. Develop justification on new tools/equipment based on monetary savings, capacity, future expansion and safety. Write Capital Authorization Requests for new tools/equipment. Directly responsible for initiation, development, and implementation of projects. Further responsible for ensuring that expenditures do not exceed approved project costs, and that projects are completed in a timely manner.
4. Develop, plan, and coordinate the implementation of shop layouts for improved material flow, increased plant capacity, placement of new equipment, optimizing existing shop capacities, new production processes and scheduled plant expansion.
5. Establish time standards by use of approved Industrial engineering practices for accurate measurement of work performed. Facilitate appropriate approvals and implement into costing system.
6. Evaluate production processes to increase productivity and investigate new methods of enhancing the product. Initiate management and operations Lean training to utilize those proper methods. Initiate investigations for possible alternate equipment to facilitate work needs.
7. Analyze new methods for possible reductions in labor and material costs. Investigate and coordinate implementation of solutions for improvement with pertinent personnel.
8. Provide training and written instructions to manufacturing personnel for critical processes.
Education: Bachelor's degree required; preferably BSME, BSIE, or Manufacturing Technology
Position Requirements: 0-3 years related manufacturing or assembly experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Use of spreadsheets a must.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public thru use of Powerpoint software or other means.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER Must be able to read part and assembly blueprints with a general understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T). Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Computer Aided Drafting. MRP or ERP experience preferred. Should be able to perform make vs. buy analysis of materials and processes.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Minnesota-St. Cloud
Recruiting Company Textron Specialized Vehicles
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 264235