Textron Router Operator CNC - 2nd Shift in Wichita, Kansas
Router Operator CNC - 2nd Shift
To cut a variety of flat sheet metal parts to specified shapes.
1. Sets up and operates a computer numerical control (CNC) router to cut sheet metal parts from flat stock. Works from oral and written instructions, sets-up sheets and N/C disk readouts.
a. Reviews set-up sheet, secures material stock to machine bed, and mounts specified router and drill bits.
b. installs machine control disk in reader of control console. Observes machine operations for proper functioning. May override disk control feed and speed using manual data input to prevent broken tools and damaged material.
c. Removes excess material and parts when operation is complete.
2. Requires contact with Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate machine operations on both tool proving and production parts. May suggest changes on machine sequencing, feeds, speeds, and parts layout for optimum usage of raw stock.
3. Utilizes hand tools such as wrenches, large hammers, and measuring instruments such as scale and tape.
4. As required, provides guidance and instruction to a lower graded employee assisting with loading and removing materials.
5. Performs other related duties as required.
18 months sheet metal routing or directly related fabrication experience including one year on CNC machine operations.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kansas-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift Second Shift
Req ID: 264244